The Invest in Kids application process for taxpayers making qualified contributions to HighSight begins January 2, 2018, and is only available online through MyTax Illinois. Taxpayers approved by the Illinois Department of Revenue (IDOR) can reserve an income tax credit equal to 75% of their total qualified contributions made to HighSight.
Potential contributors must first set up a MyTax Illinois account and be approved by IDOR before making an authorized contribution. As a potential contributor, request a Letter ID now from IDOR to avoid delays. Please allow 7-10 days to receive a Letter ID via US Mail from IDOR to complete a MyTax Illinois account. As a potential contributor, we encourage you to begin this process now so you are ready in January.
- Step 1: Request a Letter ID at mytax.illinois.gov now
- Step 2: After receiving your Letter ID, please activate your account at mytax.illinois.gov
- Step 3: On January 2, reserve your tax credit as early as possible
- Step 4: Select HighSight as your Scholarship Granting Organization (SGO)
- Step 5: Designate Region 1 (Cook County)
- Step 6: After receiving your Contribution Authorization Certificate from IDOR, contact HighSight to make your donation
For 25 years, HighSight has been partnering with schools in the Chicago area and has made a commitment to work with students from low-income families in the area. We stay committed to that cause, and our impact speaks volumes. Our high school classes of 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013 graduated from college in four years at a rate of 76% -- 8x the rate of their peers. We can do this with even more young people if you support our efforts.
If you have any questions about choosing HighSight as a SGO, please call 312-787-9824 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.